Preparing Your Quilt Top and Backing
Steps to prepare Quilt Top:
*Please note that each of the 3 layers (Top, Batting and Backing) will be mounted on the machine separately. DO NOT stitch or baste them together.
1) Mark the TOP EDGE of your Quilt Top and Backing Fabric.
2) Trim all excess seams and points.
3) Trim all loose threads.
4) Press all seams flat.
5) STITCH around the outer perimeter of your quilt top approximately 1/8” from the edge to prevent any seams from pulling open during the quilting process.
Steps to Prepare Backing Fabric:
*Backing and Batting size must be at least 4” wider and longer on each side of the Quilt Top. When purchasing your fabric, remember to allow for 5% shrinkage when determining the yardage you will need.
1) Backing must be Square, meaning the Top & Bottom edges must be parallel to each other and the corners 90° angles. Each side should also measure the same length.
2) If your Back is pieced, use a 1/2” seam and be sure to trim off all selvage edges. Press the seam to one side.
You will fill out an order form in store. If you have any questions please feel free to call Loretta (254) 694-0084, or send an email.