It's time to get this year moving. We will begin hosting Sit and Sews. At this time, we have room for 4 people at a time. We will be on hand to help with your needs. We will begin our monthly Sit and Sew on January 17th
. This will occur every third Tuesday of every month.
Beginner Quilting Class
Beginning Class #1
This class was a great success. Please stay tuned for our next session.Foundation Paper Piecing
This class will cover the basic FPP technique. We will use the economy block patter and make a small wall hanging.
Quilt As You Go
- COST: $30
- Supplies needed: Sewing machine, rotary cutter, scissors, straight pins,
- Fabric needed: This is a stash friendly project. You will need at least 3 coordinating fabrics. Make is scrappy and use leftovers from a layer cake, or FQ. The possibilities are endless. As always if you are taking this class and need fabric for this project you will receive a discount.
- Dates: Next date to be determined
This fun class will have you quilting and finishing a quilt all at the same time.
- Dates: for this class will be Thursday March 30 11 am- 2 pm and Saturday April 1 10:30 am - 1:30 pm.
Sewing Machine (walking foot is helpful)
Thread to match backing fabric
12 ½ “ square ruler
Optional: Pressing mat and small iron
- Fabric: You choose what you use
#1 - 1 yd novelty print
#2 - ¾ yd dark or light fabric to coordinate
#3 - ¾ yd bright coordinating fabric
#4 - ½ yd coordinating fabric
#5 - ½ yd different coordinating fabric
Backing and Lattice
- Cost: $40 ($30 for the class and $10 for pre-cut batting and pattern)
- SPECIAL NOTE: You will need to cut all material before the day of class. If you need help with selections, please come in and visit (you will receive a discount on any material you purchase for this class). Once you have paid, you will receive the cutting instructions.
Binding Prep and Sewing Class
This class will teach you the ins and outs of machine binding or attaching binding by machine and finishing by hand.
- Supplies: Bring a project that you need to bind. Binding material, matching threads, sewing machine, rotary cutter and 6 X 24 ruler.
- Cost: $15